Best Affiliate Programs for Travel Bloggers 2020: Make the Most of Your Travel
Travelling is fun and relaxing. You can run away from the stress of everyday routine either from work or home. It will let you go to different places, learn about different cultures, and eat different cuisines.
However, traveling also means expenses.
Some are travel bloggers or digital nomads, though, and they document every travel they make and share them online.
Some do it for fun, but a lot do it for fun and money. They search for the best affiliate programs for travel bloggers, and that is how they earn their keep.
Some travel bloggers shoulder all the expenses, while others get lucky enough to receive sponsorship. They get to travel for free with all fees paid for by their sponsor.
Do you want to learn how to earn while traveling? We will be looking at different Affiliate programs for travel bloggers, which can help them make money through traveling.
Sounds interesting. Right?
Let’s Explore the Beautiful world together Elite Travellers 🙂
- 1 Who Is a Digital Nomad?
- 2 How to Monetize Your Travel Blogs?
- 3 Best Affiliate Programs for Travel Bloggers
- 4 What Now?
- 5 Conclusion
Who Is a Digital Nomad?
A nomad is a wanderer; someone who goes from place to place. They don’t have an exact location to go and follow their whim. A digital nomad does the same thing; they also travel from one place to another wherever their instinct takes them.
The only difference between the two is that digital nomads use modern telecommunications technology to make money. They are remote workers doing their jobs from different countries, public libraries, coffee shops, or anywhere else that has an internet connection.
Some successful digital nomads have steady financial support, like rich people and business people. Some are refugees trying to get away from their country of origin, while others cannot find local employment in their area.
How to Monetize Your Travel Blogs?
Some people enjoy traveling and love to share their experiences with others through blogging and to post everything online. Some also want to make money while moving. How can they earn money while on the road?
Here are some tips on how you can make money from your travel blogs:
- eBooks and Product Sales: You can write an eBook or think of a product that you can sell online.
- Sponsored Content: A lot of companies check social media sites and look for someone who can help them in promoting their products. Bloggers write a review about a product and share the link of the company’s website.
- Freelance Writing and Content Creation: Bloggers would write articles for the client’s website and get paid per article.
- Blog and Social Media Management: The blogger will manage a company’s blog or social media account, and look after every aspect of the page.
- Affiliate Sales: This is a commission basis payment. You post a link or product on your blog, and each time one of your readers purchase using the link you provided, then you get a percentage from the sales.
- Banner Ads: This one works similar to affiliate sales wherein they can put flashing ads on your blog. If one of your readers clicks or purchase from those ads, you get paid.
- Twitter Chat: If a company notices that you have a lot of Twitter followers, they will contact you and ask you to be the moderator of a twitter chat that usually lasts for an hour.
- Sponsored Social Sharing: The amount of payment for this kind of moneymaking scheme depends on the number of followers you have on your social media account. You share a brand or product on your social media account; then the company will pay you if someone shares their product that you have mentioned in your blog.
- Instagram Takeover: You will be asked by the company to post your photos on their Instagram account, and you mention this takeover on your Instagram page. You have to interact with the followers. Payment depends on the strength of your influence online or the company’s allocated budget.
- Brand Ambassadorship: A company will ask a blogger to use their products or services regularly and write a review. The blogger is paid every month.
Best Affiliate Programs for Travel Bloggers
Affiliate marketing is the most effective way to earn money online. It is also one of the oldest styles of digital marketing.
You promote an online product to your readers, and when you convince them to buy the product, you will receive a percentage from the sales. Below are some of the best affiliate programs for travel bloggers that you can try:
1. TripAdvisor Affiliate Program
You will write content that will mention a review or a recommendation from TripAdvisor. Add the link, so your readers are directed to it after clicking the link. TripAdvisor usually pays a 50% commission every month.
2. Skyscanner Affiliate Program
Skyscanner recommends using their Travel Widget for your travel blogs. You can add this widget in your content or the sidebar of your page for your readers to be redirected to their site. Skyscanner supports hotel bookings, flight bookings, and rental cars.
ShareASale is a marketplace for affiliate programs. You will find different hotels, travel airlines, and services on their site. They pay bloggers through direct bank deposit plus the minimum threshold for payout is more comfortable to achieve than other programs.
4. Booking.com Affiliate Program
This program is well-known in the travel business. They also offer an affiliate partner program for those who have a website, a travel agency, or an app.
Their sign-up process is easy and free. They also provide other options like deep linking, search box, and banner integration. The minimum payout required is €100 via Paypal.
5. Agoda Affiliate Program
Agoda has a lot of properties, and anyone can join their in-house affiliation as long as you have your blog or website. Requests for membership are checked manually and may take 48 to 72 hours before you get a response. They offer 60% commission but need to have a minimum of $200 before you can request a payout done via direct bank transfer.
6. AirBnB Referral Program
A referral program is a bit different from an affiliate one. In referrals, you don’t earn cash but points that can be used to buy products from the same network.
You refer to people who you know personally. Both you and the other person will each receive AirBnB credits.
Both teams win!
7. Amazon Associates
When you say online buying, your first thought is Amazon. The name has been in the online world for a long time.
Once you join their affiliate program, you choose any product and link it to your blog. You earn money from Amazon every time your reader buys something from Amazon. You will receive a higher percentage as you refer more readers to the site.
Making Money online is the way to go in this century.
Most of the hard tasks are now done through the use of technology.
People want to do almost everything in the comfort of their homes.
- Online Dating
- How to play a certain instrument like guitar
- How to get whiter teeth
- How to get rid of acne
- How to shred for summer
- How to lose belly fat
- The Cheapest flights and discounts
- Name them…
You can now leverage and act as a bridge by sharing your experience with the entire world.
If you want to learn how to profit from an affiliate business, go check out Wealthy Affiliate now to learn more.
It is the model that we use to Run EliteAffiliateHacks and what has made it be what it is today helping thousands in the online space.
If you are one of those people who love to travel but also want to earn money while doing it, try to experiment and choose what is the perfect method that will work for you.
You will save plenty of money and your friends’ money while still traveling at the same time. That’s a win-win.
Thanks for checking the Best Travel Affiliate Programs. If you have any experience, comments, complaints or complains or compliments, feel free to drop them in the comment threads below.