- 1 7 Tips for Writing a Successful Guest Post to Get More Traffic
- 1.0.1 1. Improve Your Guest Post to Level up in the Search Engine
- 1.0.2 2. Endorse Old Posts from Past Guest Posts
- 1.0.3 3. Look for Blogs Outside Your Comfort Zone
- 1.0.4 4. Add Credibility to Your Articles
- 1.0.5 5. Commit to Guest-Post on a Regular Basis
- 1.0.6 6. Recycle Your Successful Post and Post to Other Blogs
- 1.0.7 7. Pick a Title That Will Catch the Reader’s Attention
- 1.1 Additional Tips on How to Write Quality Post
- 1.2 Conclusion
What is a Blog?
It’s an informational website that you publish on the internet about different topics depending on who your audience is. Blog entries are displayed chronologically, from the latest to the oldest.
Before 2009, a blog means that a single individual did the job, or a small group of bloggers may write it, and always about a single topic. The change came in 2010, where multiple authors can write a single blog.
An author or a blogger can guest-blog on different platforms. It’s a perfect content marketing strategy to build your online followers. Today, we will provide you with 7 tips for writing a successful guest post to get more traffic for your blog.
An Overview of Guest Posting
Guest posting, as we have mentioned, is a marketing strategy in the online world that you can invest in to get more audience. You publish an article on some websites and hopefully, attract followers of that site to yours.
Sounds easy? It’s not. You should choose the right platform to guest-blog and then write a proper post connected to the platform you have chosen.
Guest blogging has a lot of possibilities for success in your online reputation. With the right platform and the right guest-post material, you can increase the traffic on your website and eventually take your business into the next level.
Traffic is what makes a blog or online business successful. If you can write a quality post for your target audience, then you can surely expect followers. Make sure that you have expertise on the topic that you are writing in order to build your credibility in the online world.
Through guest-posting, you will meet a lot of people who can influence your target market. It’s also a smart way of brandishing your brand and getting exposure outside of your blog.
Once your guest-post gets published, a different audience will see it. If you piqued their interest through your post, then they will look for your website.
Guest posting can also increase your social media shares and following. There are host blogs who have a lot of social media activities that can share your guest post. That is another strategy of promoting your brand for free.
7 Tips for Writing a Successful Guest Post to Get More Traffic
Guest blogging is a useful tool to make a mark in the online world. You have to know how to use it to your advantage. We will be providing you with seven of the best recommendations to get more traffic. Let’s get started.
1. Improve Your Guest Post to Level up in the Search Engine
When writing an article, some authors tend to focus more on the topic without giving much importance to SEO. Keywords play an essential role in the online community. A post that gets a position in the search engines will continuously reach an audience, which means more traffic for the article and the website.
2. Endorse Old Posts from Past Guest Posts
Try to reference your past guest posts that made well when it was published. That is another way of promoting your brand and getting more audience, primarily if published in a popular site. Entice the readers to click on the link for the old post by convincing them about what they can find in that post.
3. Look for Blogs Outside Your Comfort Zone
Guest posting on blogs that offer the same brand as yours may not lead to a lot of followers. Try to guest post on other blogs that are different from yours but may have followers who are interested in what you have to offer. That is another way of attracting traffic.
4. Add Credibility to Your Articles
When submitting guest posts, make sure that you do it with credibility. Adding results, screenshots, and other data that can back up what you have written will show your readers that you know what you are talking about.
5. Commit to Guest-Post on a Regular Basis
Guest blogging to promote your brand and attract more audience should be a long term strategy. Try to write a regular guest post in a popular host blog to get a steady following from that site. It takes several guest posts before someone will remember your brand.
6. Recycle Your Successful Post and Post to Other Blogs
It is hard to write a post that will be noticed by a lot of audiences regularly. Try rewriting an article that made well in the past so you can post it on other blogs. By rewriting your guest post, you can add new ideas that can improve the old one and get a new bunch of readers.
7. Pick a Title That Will Catch the Reader’s Attention
Try to think of a title to your article that will attract the audience’s curiosity. An intriguing and witty title will make the reader want to check what is inside the title. Use a headline analyzer to check if it’s something that will catch the interest of your target audience.
Additional Tips on How to Write Quality Post
Apart from the 7 tips for writing a successful guest post to get more traffic, here are some tips you can consider:
- Be the authority: If you are guest posting, keep in mind that you are the authority on that topic. Provide your audience with facts and statistics.
- Use bullets: In this modern world where everybody is always on the go, writing your post in list style fashion will get more audience attention since they will see outright the facts that you want to convey.
- Lead your readers to your brand: When you guest post, you are allowed to put in a link of your own. Make sure that the page you are leading your reader to is something that you want your followers to see to promote your business and your brand.
- Reply to comments: Once your guest post gets published on the host blog, there is a big chance that someone will leave a comment. Make sure that you interact with the readers by responding to their feedback to encourage them.
Guest posting is an effective way of marketing your brand and getting the exposure that you need to promote your name and your business. It will also help you in enhancing your skill when it comes to using keywords and reaching your target audience.